Design & Installation
We make each project a reflection of you. We want your personality and dreams of a picture perfect garden to be a reality.
Whatever your landscape and hardscape needs are, we can help. In addition to our skilled gardening experience, we have expertise in installing stamped concrete patios, fireplaces, fire pits, retaining walls, garden walls, stone walls and surfaces, bullnose concrete or stone caps, mail box pilasters, columns and planter boxes. Whether we design it or we install off your plans we can get it done efficiently and with quality results.
Gates Integrate landscape and architecture
We take pride in the craftsmanship of our gates and railings. We engineer each and every gate and gate installation to ensure the highest standards of craftsmanship are employed in the process. We take extra effort to ensure that our customers are completely satisfied with our craftsmanship for many years to come.
Sculptural Gates occupy a niche in the building of fine art gates. The process of creating their gates is like that of fine furniture crafting.
We work with the client, custom tailoring each gate to their specific application and satisfaction. We are able to both design the gate and look at the design aspect of the entire project to ensure that the job will culminate in a complete look that is balanced and flows with the natural surroundings. Completed jobs range from the simplest garden gate to massive driveway gates with stone columns.
Fireplaces & BBQs
Let us build an outdoor fireplace for you.
We can create any style of fireplace that you can imagine. The size of the fire box opening and height of chimney stack is limited only by the laws of creating draw needed for the smoke. Our fireplaces are built in place with a sizable footing and with the required rebar and grouting. All of our fireplaces have a firebrick box and we do not use inserts. We add gas lines to most of our fireplaces for use to start the fire or to use for ambience and heat. We often create a hearth, mantle and chimney stack that compliments the garden design and adds to its natural charm. No other element can further your desire for an outside living room than adding a fireplace!
Let us build your outdoor kitchen
One of our most common requests is to build masonry BBQ structures that can house the BBQ, sink, refrigerator, hot plates or other appliance of your choice. Our deck tops can be stone, tile or polished concrete or a slab of granite or marble and we often build a bar height counter on the front side. We usually recommend that the face of the BBQ be smooth stucco, at least in those areas where the knees of your guests may touch the walls. Any shape or style that fits your lifestyle and garden can be created.
Maintenance & Sustainable Gardens
We specialize in more than the mow, blow and go traditional services. We take pride in each garden; we trim as needed, weed, loosen soil on a regular basis, fertilize seasonally and check lights and sprinklers often to insure proper function. Any special or random needs for any given service date can be communicated through email, note, or phone call prior to that service.
Sustainability has as much to do with plant placement and irrigation methods as it does plant selection. Using drip irrigation to maximize the effective use of water, choosing plants that are appropriate for the numerous micro climates that exist on our coast and placing them in a way that allows them to grow naturally with the minimal amount of trimming and maintenance are all important. Using lawn in a minimal way to maximize the esthetic benefit or using ground covers or even artificial turf are all appropriate considerations for sustainable landscaping.
Advantages of a synthetic lawn
- Realistic look and feel of natural grass
- Stays green and beautiful all year long
- Curb appeal/increased property value
- Maintenance Free - no watering, no mowing, no edging, no broken sprinklers, no fertilizers, chemicals or pesticides
- No disease or allergies
- Less insects and bugs
- Pet friendly
- No muddy animal paws
- Functional after heavy rains or heat of summer
- No guests tracking mud/grass into the house
- No grass stains on kids clothing
- Average household will save 40,000 gallons of water per year
- Excellent choice for rental properties
- Made from 70% recycled materials
- Save for children, 100% lead-free
- Pays for itself in 5-7 years - Return on Investment (ROI)
- Save 50-70% of your water bill
- Save on maintenance expenses (sprinkler repair and adjustments, fertilizers and chemicals, re-seeding or sod)
- Save on weekly gardening expenses (or your time)
- Has a great return when applied to your home's resale value
- Prepares you for water rate increases or possible water rationing due to the water shortages that face Californians
- Environmentalists, HOAs, municipalities and neighbors love it
SOURCE: Shawn Green